Guess You May Like
As we know, DVD is VOB video, and DVD has CSS copyright protection. iPod supports only MP4 and H.264 video, if your video is not compatible with iPod, you can't add it into iTunes library and sync it to iPod for playback. So this step by step guide will teach you how to rip DVD and convert any video to iPod mp4 video. This guide works for all series of iPods including iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Video and iPod Classic, etc. The tutorial includes Three parts as follow index:
The tool you need is this Video Converter Pro, it includes DVD Ripper and Video Converter. I have tried and reviewed about 20 video converters including freeware and shareware. The reason I recommended this one is because it's really easy to use and supports copyright protected DVD, even the latest protected DVD. You can also use it as a simple video editing software for your iPod recorded video, no iPod converter has this feature. Here is the Video Converter Pro download link.
Download and install the Video Converter Pro, put a DVD disc into your computer DVD drive and then run the converter. You have four ways to import your DVD movie as follow:
1. Load from DVD-Rom: The most common way, import DVD movie from DVD disc.
2. Load DVD folder (data DVD), sometimes you may store the DVD movie in your hard drive, it appears like "Video_TS" "Audio_TS" folders. You can import it by clicking "load DVD folders".
3. Load ISO image files, you can amount your ISO files in the daemon tools and then load the DVD movie from the virtual DVD drive.
4. Load IFO Files: Import your DVD movie by loading IFO files.
Regular DVD movie has several chapters, you can join them into one single mp4 video for iPod by clicking the “Merge into one file” on the main interface. This converter pro also supports selecting subtitle and Language.
Click the profile dropdown list, go to 'Apple', you will find many profiles for Apple devices like iPod touch, iPod Nano, iPhone, iPad, etc. Select one according to your device. We took iPod touch as output format in this tutorial.
After all things done, click “Start” to run the conversion process. It would take about 30 minutes to convert a regular DVD movie. If you want to add the converted video to iPod through iTunes, follow these steps:
1. Click 'Find Target' to locate the converted mp4 videos on your computer hard drive and drag them into iTunes library.
2. Connect your iPod to computer, iTunes will detect your iPod automatically.
3. Select your iPod device on the left panel of iTunes, click "Movies" tab, and check the videos you want to sync and click "Apply", that's all.
Tips: This Video Converter Pro is not only a iPod converter, but also a DVD to Audio Converter. You can convert DVD to mp3 song for your iPod playback. To do that, go to 'Commn Audio' and select mp3 as output profile.
With the build-in Video Converter, you can convert almost all video format to mp4 video for iPod. Here are the video formats supported by the converter pro: AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG, MPG, FLV, DAT, RM, RMVB, MOV, ASF, FLV, MP4, M4V, Torrent Video, Flash Video, YouTube video, facebook video, Megavideo, Real Player Video, QuickTime Video, Windows Movie Maker video, iMovie video, Phone recorded video, , Camera video, DV, etc.
Click "Add" to load your videos into the converter, you can also drag and drop video into the converter. This iPod Converter supports batch conversion, you can add multiple video files at one time.
Hit the device image button, go to 'Apple' and choose an iPod profile as output format according to your device.
Click "Start" to run the conversion and use iTunes to sync the mp4 video to your iPod, that's all.